Windmill Lodges is a beautiful, exclusive group of four and five star lodges set in a picturesque location in rural Suffolk. It is a wonderful place to go to de-stress because it is right in the heart of the countryside and each lodge overlooks a tranquil catch and release fishing lake. The lodges give you the chance to rest and enjoy the plush surroundings, as each lodge is decorated to high standards.
Spending your log cabin holidays unwinding, and enjoying being pampered, will mean that you feel refreshed and rejuvenated when you go back to work or face a busy week looking after the children.
Click here to view our log cabin accommodation for a long weekend break in Suffolk
Making the Most of a Pampering Weekend in Suffolk
1. Chill-Out in the Hot Tub - One of the top ways to unwind during your log cabin holidays with Windmill Lodges is in the hot tub. Each log cabin has its very own private hot tub on the veranda, so you can enjoy a bubble in idyllic surroundings. Hot tubs are a fantastic way to relax as they bring so many benefits - they aid sleep, help de-stress and also work to relieve pressure on aching muscles and joints. Just a few sessions in the hot tub on a long weekend break will revive you mentally and physically. Perfect bliss!
2. Relax in the Sauna – The newest facility at Windmill Lodges is an infrared sauna. It’s the only sauna on the complex and is for private use - solely for the residents of our most elite cabin: Kingfisher Lodge. Infrared saunas are great for your overall well-being and bring numerous health benefits. So it’s the perfect remedy for an overworked executive! Some benefits an infrared sauna can bring are: removal of toxins, improvement of skin conditions, aid a full night’s sleep and reduce stress. Consistent use is even said to lower blood pressure! So a stay at Kingfisher Lodge is a wonderful way to spend a pampering weekend.
3. Take Gentle Exercise – We all know the benefits of exercise: it speeds up weight loss, improves energy levels and muscle tone. Some of the perfect ways to make the most of your surroundings during a weekend at Windmill Lodges is to take a brisk walk in the countryside or enjoy a pleasant swim in the indoor pool. The pool is open from Easter to October.
4. Enjoy Home Pampering – You don’t have to travel far to enjoy some ‘me time’. You can simply relax and enjoy pampering yourself in picturesque surroundings. Make the most of your stress-free weekend by arriving equipped with your favourite beauty treatments. Just put on a face pack or paint your fingers and toe nails, while overlooking our beautiful lake!
5. Visit a Nearby Beauty Salon – Venture further afield - into Woodbridge or Framlingham - and you can be pampered by the professionals. Beauty Salons nearby include Skin Deep on the Thoroughfare, Woodbridge, which offers a variety of facials and body treatments, and The Retreat in The Square, Framlingham; this salon offers facials, waxing and manicures. Whichever salon you choose for your treatments, make sure that you book well in advance, so you can be sure of availability on the day.
6. Relax in a Spa – A spa day is a fantastic way to unwind. And what better way to do this than to combine a few hours at a spa with a long weekend in the luxurious surroundings of Windmill Lodges? Some of the places that offer spa treatment include Ufford Park and Seckford Hall Hotel, which are both in Woodbridge based and offer day spas and beauty treatments.
7. Look Ten Years Younger! – Wouldn’t you just love to return home after your log cabin holidays looking ten years younger? Although we can’t promise you that, if you are interested in anti-aging treatments – such as laser treatments or Botox – there are various places to go in Ipswich and Woodbridge for this. Just browse the internet and read the reviews on the treatments you are interested in to discover a suitable place nearby. You’ll return home looking refreshed and confident and no one will ever know your secret!